More about the author Hello!
Related Site Hope you all are off to a great start this morning.
Just a reminder, here are the thought questions from last nights assigned reading:
- What kinds of techniques do Posner and his colleagues use to localize cognitive functions?
- How is PET scanning used to study cognitive processes? What kinds of assumptions does PET scanning make?
- What is the reason for subtracting activations recorded in a control state from those recorded during presentation of a target stimulus?
- What is the joint approach that Posner believes to be the key to understanding many cognitive disorders?
- To what extent should researchers generalize the results of studies of patients with brain lesions to people in general? Support your position.
Also, here is a color version of Figure 4:
(From Posner et al., (1998). Localization of Cognitive Operations in the Human Brain, Science, 240(4859), 1627-1631.) PMID: 3289116
See you tomorrow evening!